Good Year Eagle F1 owners

A

Anonymous

edd can vouch for these tyres, when i bought he's wheel's of him they had f1's on 2 part warn ( balding on edge's ) and 2 quite good. i have done 2 track day's on them now and would consider doing another one. i.m.h.o a TOP TYRE dry or wet !!

J

jonnyboy

:? the post above is me. dont know why it came up with guest :? :?

SunOnGTiR

Davey said:
I've had 2 sets of F1's, the first set didnt last very long at all (the outside edge went), but I had my tracking done, and this new set seems to be lasting well.
No idea on the mileage, sorry, cos I never pay any attention to it :?

A couple of mates have had toyo's (on an 'R and a turbo astra), and I wasnt very impressed with how they lasted).
I agree,definitely the tracking.
You have to do the tracking after the bump steer kit.
If you're running 17s and bumpsteer kit,suspension,struts,etc,alignment has tobe done on a regular basis.
If you want your tyres to last longer,change them around.front/back.
Those guys with outside wear,less roundabouts :twisted:
4 wheel alignment check70-90 pounds???
It's only worth it IF they do it properly/right :(
My 2ps.

Nad

sunongti-r said:
Yeah I always change mine front to back on every car, and its always the pass side front that goes first!

Nad

youngsyp

Nad said:
sunongti-r said:
Yeah I always change mine front to back on every car, and its always the pass side front that goes first!

Nad
Yep, same with me. :cry: More negative camber needed me thinks ! :twisted:

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Which tyres have worn out, all of them or just the front/back?

camber will have an effect on tyre wear but not as much as toe which kills tyres if too +ve/-ve.

Quick link:

http://www.etyres.co.uk/glossary-tyre-terms?term=toe-inout

The reason it kills tyres is they are constantly scribbing all the time as you drive down the road so even if you drive like miss daisy they will last 3000 miles.

The whiteline settings advocate toe-out on the rear. IMO this is fine for an Auto-X car but dangerous for a track and road car and it will kill your rear tyres. However, even the whitleine seetings are not that extreme that your tyres would last 3000. To me it sounds like a poor setup OR the toe has since been knocked by speed ramps/pavements etc

Use neutral toe all round to give the best tyre wear.

Jim

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Crazy said:
Could the bumpsteer kit/track rod ensd have adjusted them selves causing the negative camber while driving???? (Silly question but you never know)
It wouldn't adjust your camber if it came loose but it would mess up your toe big time.

C

Crazy

Yes lads www.Mytyres.co.uk has the best prices I could find but whats the difference between:

Good Year Eagle F1 GS-D3 205-40-R17-80W :? £84.95

Good Year Eagle F1 GS-D3 205-40-R17-84W - XL :? £95.60

And not the prices lads :p