geometry settings

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Chris, get digging around for the front toe settings and double check neutral is okay.

Assuming it is, and the car was setup correctly, it could be a function of the increased camber and the road your on causing the car to wonder a bit (Increased camber = less straight line grip and stability). -1.3 degs sounds on the safe side but check your camber bolts haven't come loose as I've heard of people having problem with the WL bolts losing settings.

These are just things to think about.

C

chris-b

yeah will do mate! was thinking along exact same lines! do you use these wl bolts? i found it hard to tighten with the wheel on so wipped them off and removed the wheels and re-tightened

used the geometry machine today on an aston and was A-ok!!???
so hopefully saturaday i will have another pop at it!
keep you imformed!
thanks campbellju 8) :wink:

youngsyp

Chris,

Just out of interest mate, where abouts do you work ?

I just had my car set up at Elite in Rainham. Once again, they did a sterling job. I have -0.50 camber at the front and -0.05 at the rear. 0.05 toe in at the front and parrallel at the back. It handles very nicely now although, I did spin it last night :oops: :shock: :wink: Think it was ice and too much speed though !!

C

chris-b

oh hi youngsyp.... how its going!?? thought you must have sold up as i havent seen your car or you on here 4 ages... i live around the corner too you remember..have too meet up!!!
yeah i no elite pretty well, was thinking of using them if i'm still in some trouble... having another pop at it on saturday! we have a £20k lazer/camera geometry machine thats fooked! and a old type sun one that i used which is ok but seems to have set it wrong!
bloody hell!! :oops: :oops: :roll: :roll: will keep you infomed!

where did you spin it dude? i was having fun out late the last two nights over lakeside in the ice! was 8)
catch you later...
chris

C

chris-b

oh forgot to say...work for Grange Motors of Brentwood (oh very posh :lol: ) and i work on Aston Martin and Jaguar (main dealer)

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
youngsyp said:
I have -0.50 camber at the front and -0.05 at the rear. 0.05 toe in at the front and parrallel at the back.
That sounds like a standard type setup and they've put toe in at the front.

It could still be your camber tracking the road badly. Great going round a corner at 90, pants stuck in traffic in a straight line on a bumpy road etc.

Choose the setting you like the most of the time. Only change one thing at a time though so you know what you like or not.

Jim

P.S. Aston Martin, very nice :D

C

chris-b

well yeah-could be but very much doubt it-the setting arnt that wild. just think maybe the blots are not set properly.

p.s aston martin are ok :wink:
not as quick as my R though

A

ard1ey

If its any help, my 'R was set at PS to -1° at the front, and it does tend to follow the camber of the road and lorry tracks really pull it about.

I had the camber bolts come loose after the first fitting (at a garage mentioned a few posts above, as it goes :) ) but since then they've been fine - in two years the camber hasn't changed significantly. Just make sure you torque them up right.

C

chris-b

thanks ard1ey, machine @ works still playing bout so.am taking it to elites 2morrow morning. I hate taking it places to be worked on! always do all my stuff!
will let you no

C

chris-b

had geometry set at elites yesterday--85 quid :shock: :shock:
settings was way off! bloody camber bolt had come loose as did the other strut bolt :shock: :shock:
anyway, had it set to -1.3 camber, and total toe of parallel +2 mins and rear toe the same.
if anyones interested have proper nissan geometry specs for std and whitelines specs...so gonna post a how to on geometry.

Car now drvies straight and isn't so camber conciess (SP) now and after a wee blast early today can feel the fidanza dampers/whitleine spring combo with the added camber seems too hold the road much better.. am pleased with the settings now...but gonna continue with some other bits--braces and possibly bumpsteers kit
overall i'm :D

chris