Gearbox

T

tan

I think my gearbox may be needing some service. I find it hard to get in gear while driving. Revers is also a strugle from standing still.

What could be the problem? Is it easy to change? Cost?

J

jasegould

Its not a clutch adjustment problem or gear linkage problem?

O

Olly

Sounds like clutch not disengageing properly, one way to check is switch off engine can you select gears ok ish when not running? (could be collapsing or breaking release bearing) :shock:

T

tan

Hi

I can select gears ok ish when not running. Today while driving suddenly it got much harder at the bottom, I realy have to push the pedal - but now it seems easyer to change gears, figures... The clutch grip is still ok.

Should I go for a new clutch too if the release bearing is broke(that is if the clutch looks ok)? Any recomendations?

Thanks for your reply. There is not many that knows the R in Norway. Think there is only 10 registered. Makes it tough to get an expert opinion...

T

tan

Hi

I can select gears ok ish when not running. Today while driving suddenly it got much harder at the bottom, I realy have to push the pedal - but now it seems easyer to change gears, figures... The clutch grip is still ok.

Should I go for a new clutch too if the release bearing is broke(that is if the clutch looks ok)? Any recomendations?

Thanks for your reply. There is not many that knows the R in Norway. Think there is only 10 registered. Makes it tough to get an expert opinion...