gearbox woes

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
The clutch and bearing will push it back to the left against the pivot point. The pivot point may have broke. That should stop it going to the right, although both of mine went through on the pivot point on the fork and it went to the right like yours.

Fire & skill

Vintage member
It all looked fine, I even slid a flat blade screwdriver down across the pivot point and it still didn't do anything

STU666V

I dont think you should be able to push your fork in and out or push the clutch piston in like that.
Get some one in the car to push the clutch in and out and see if the fork moves?

Fire & skill

Vintage member
First off I'd like to thank Jim Jones for helping me out! top job by a top bloke :thumbsup:

but the route of the problem was that the spring had came out of the friction plate and had become lodged between the pressure plate and clutch plate

:chained:

pulsarmoley

First off I'd like to thank Jim Jones for helping me out! top job by a top bloke :thumbsup:

but the route of the problem was that the spring had came out of the friction plate and had become lodged between the pressure plate and clutch plate

:chained:
This is exactly what happened on my exedy clutch; mine had the four springs as yours. Ended up getting just the friction plate and it looked stronger and also had six springs. Done roughly 30,000 miles on it so far but suspect it is nearing the end of its life :sad:

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Must have been the old design; the Exedy that came out of mine had four springs, and the Helix that went in has six.

Fire & skill

Vintage member
Well believe it or not but the old clutch is supposedly a helix - that's according to the paperwork I got with the car