Gearbox Rebuild

sypher

Hi, had my R running for about 50 miles now and need some things fixed still, one being the noises from the box / transfer... This little thing has potential !!!

There is lots of box threads inc' rebuild in car but can't find any on bearing replacement and preload. Can someone tell me where I can get replacement bearings except Nissan and tell me which shaft bearings require preload and what spec', also I remember reading something about one of the selector forks, someone care to elaborate on that issue for me?

Can I get some good replies as I would prefer to do it myself also I think it would be a good thead to have for future searches, simply entitled " Gearbox Rebuild "

Regards, Stu..

sypher

Oh, anyone else got a rattly interior? I had the interior out last weekend and sound deadened all the contact points for the panels etc ( inc' roof lining ) but found still rattles !!! and the bloody inertia reels on the seatbelts.. Anyone else have noisey seatbelts?

If I'm going to keep it, I will put all right as after being my mates 06 WRX STi I like the new car ride..