Gearbox question

whytie

Picked a cheap pulsar up today with an issue with the box. It takes a good bit of force to put it into any gear you really have to push hard. Also after a 40 mile journey it would not hit reverse just crunched but would go in with the engine off. The biteing point on clutch is almost instant when you lift the peddal of the ground. Not sure if the clutch is just about fecked or mayby a linkage issue?

whytie

When I first drove It I thought straight away the clutch must be nearly gone. But people on here know alot mora about boxes than me

whytie

I'll try adjusting it the tomorrow, was just thinking it was still really stiff to change gear with engine of and no clutch that's why I think there is a issue with the box. It's not a big deal as I'm stripping the car feck knows how someone could let the bodywork get in such a bad state.

whytie

Yeah it's not getting stripped, somehow in the past 2 months I've managed to basiclly find time and finish the car and also pick up a new trailer.

whytie

Cheers red, do you think it's the clutch when it's really stiff to change gear even with engine off?

red reading

If the clutch was fubar and someone has tried drivng it by forcing it into gear then chances are they have damaged the gearbox too.....

whytie

It goes in to gear with force, it mayby one off those short shifter that makes it tight. Id of thot clutch but if engine is of it goes into gear still really tight I'd of ruled out clutch