gearbox oil:which one...and where to buy?

Jobi Joba

Ok,I'd like to buy the best gearbox oil...but I guess I won't find anything in France... :? So,I'd like someone to tell me where I could order this oil?

Thx mates... :wink:

A

Anonymous

hey mate,

Try redline MT90, thats what i'm running and makes the box feel much smoother.

You'll get this from demon tweeks. I think they ship out of the U.K.

Jobi Joba

Whitey said:
hey mate,

Try redline MT90, thats what i'm running and makes the box feel much smoother.

You'll get this from demon tweeks. I think they ship out of the U.K.
Thx!
Do u have Demon Tweeks' website or email or phone number?

BTW,how much is it?

Jobi Joba

last question:how many liters do we need for gearbox and transfer box?(I guess MT90 is sold in 1L pack)

(thx Justy)

J

jasegould

You will need 5 x 1 litre bottles (they are actually about 0.9 litres per bottle, American sizes), I think its around 4.5 litres...thats just the gearbox, dunno about the transfer box.

kyepan

have herd varying ammounts for the gearbox and transfer box, as little as 3.2 and as much as 5.2l for the gearbox. and 0.8 - 1.2 for the transfer box.

A

ard1ey

Manual says 1 litre for rear diff, 1.5 litres for transfer box and 4.3l or thereabouts for the gearbox. Mine took a bit more in the diff and transfer box so be careful you don't end up short - I bought an extra bottle of Syntrax in the end to be sure.

Ian

geetee

Do u need Limited SLip oil in any of the boxes (e.g. Rear diff)??

e.g. Millers do
Millers CRX 75w90
and
Millers CRX LS 75w90

which they say
* Use as received for the lubrication of competition 'dog' gearboxes and axles which require a limited slip high performance oils.
* Not suitable for synchro mesh or overdrive boxes.

Is the front or rear diff limited slip on the R? Does it need LS oil??

They also do
Millers CRX 80w140 (and and LS version of course)

which they say
* Competition heavy duty synthetic gear oil for highly stressed applications.
* Synthetic base stocks in combination with shear stable viscosity modifiers, latest technology extreme pressure additive and selected oil stocks.
AND
* Recommended for synchromesh gearboxes and fully acceptable in 'dog' boxes.
* Proven in 24 hours sports car racing.
* Proven solution to gearbox problems in rally cars.
* Proven in competition, recommended for modern transmissions where a fully synthetic oil is specified

I like the bit about gearbox probs in rally cars :)

Either of them are about £32 + VAT for 5 litres - which ahs to be better than the Redline MT90 price.

Anyone used these or know if we need to use LS oil anywhere??

Cheers
GeeTee

8)

A

Anonymous

I did my gearbox oil last night, it took a lot of oil, over 6Ls, is this a bad sign :? , ive just done the clutch, thats why it was drained.

kyepan

it may take the 6l then spew lots out the breather till it finds a comfortable level.. look for an oil slick on the fuel filter, down the bulkhead and along the under side of the chassis.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
DC said:
I did my gearbox oil last night, it took a lot of oil, over 6Ls, is this a bad sign :? , ive just done the clutch, thats why it was drained.
Did you have the car on level ground or jacked up very high at the front? Unless it's leaking into the transfer box it should only take about 4.5litres.