Gearbox leak

S

stomski

right, here goes..

noticed a leak shortly after a bought the car :( contacted zia asked him to take a look, also got it on the ramp at a mates garage and it seemed the n/s driveshaft was leaking. so off i trotted to nissan, got the parts needed and zia changed the driveshaft seal, and it looked to have worked :D

however, the b!oody thing is still leaking, only a small and slow drip from the same place (driveshaft seal) and staining the drive :cry: :(

does anyone have any ideas as to what this could be? as myself and zia are baffled :?: :? :?

thanks!

S

stomski

MarkTurbo said:
Is circlip that goes on the end of the shaft and holds the shaft inside the box on there :?:
ahh, thought some1 would mention this...i'll let zia explain the rest......zia?? :wink:

O

Olly

N/s side circlip retainer thingy ma bob, is not on the shaft its in the front diff. So don't go putting one on but Zia knows that. If you need another seal i got2! :lol:

antgtir

I must say i had this same prob when i had my clutch changed, however the seal must have found its seat and has stopped leaking :D .

Saying that tho it may start again as the clutch is being changed again in a weeks time :roll:

zia

don't go putting one on but Zia knows that. If you need another seal i got2
:lol: :lol: bingo!!!
was thinking if the fluid is building up agaist diff wheel therefore pushing the fluid against the case?, and through the driveshatf seal?, have fitted it flush with the case and it actually coming from the bit where n/s/f driveshaft slot into the seal. fluid level is spot on, breather pipe is clear and venting ok! normally the fluid is flung back into box as the driveshaft turn. i suppose another seal could cure it but not to certain perhaps the root cause is something else??? :?

zia