Gearbox FOOKED?

Gray

At first thought my cv driveshaft had popped
Had a guy look at the car today who said they look fine and that he reckons its the gearbox
When he drives it he said you can feel the vibrations in the gear stick

There was a loud clicking coming from the driver side wheel though and it kept jolting as i was driving

Now apparently it wont reverse.

So what are the symptoms for a fooked gear box then? It appeared to drive in all gears after the first bang and jolt occured.

If it is a gearbox how much do they go for and how long does labour take? I think after I've fixed this I'm going to sell up had nothing but bother with it from day one.

O

Odin

HaHaHa Another one bites the dust :doh: .

I'll be sorry to see you go fella ;-) , Your oviously not man enough to be a pulsar owner :D: , We'er made of sterner stuff you loser :thumbsup: .

Rob

Gray

Nevermind just went out in it loads of clicking coming from the gearbox and jolts dead when going forward or back now wont go into any gear at all.

Anyone whose got a gearbox for sale drop me a PM

Cheers
Gray

PS. You wont get rid of me that easy Fatty ;) :D

Gray

Cheers Mad Max, going to speak to Ian @ Hiteq tomorrow see what he can muster up for me.

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Gray said:
There was a loud clicking coming from the driver side wheel though and it kept jolting as i was driving

Now apparently it wont reverse.
You seem to be absolutely cursed with the car. If the R wasn't my second car I might also have a different opinon over keeping it.

I'm not a gearbox expert but if its going into all the gears and driving then that normally means the box is okay. Is reverse not going in or is it not driving once in?

If you're hearing clicks from the driver's side then its strange as you Gbox is on the passenger.

Vibrations in gearstick could be anything.

In Southport we have GEARS (Pete the gearbox man) who could rebuild your box very cheaply if needs. To swap a gearbox is a similar price to changing a clucth.

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Didn't post fast enough :oops:

Ignoring my Quaife bit, it cost me £400 to get my box refurbed including parts. Food for thought if you're going to get another 2nd hand one and keep it for a while.

Mike Ex-gtir on here is also a gearbox god but too far for us to use :(. He knows our boxes inside out though.

stumo

Wow is Pete still going? He did wonders for my (non GTiR ) boxes in the past.

Sorry for the off topic but he's good with boxes.

Gray, the box won't go into gear? is that with the engine running or not (or both)?

Gray

It will only just go into gear other times it wont go into any gear other times it goes into a gear and wont come out

I have to drive it REALLY slowly to move it and i mean taking the mick slowly otherwise it makes a godawful bang and jolts like a small bombs gone off then itll carry on moving again

I'll speak to Ian @ Hiteq tomorrow think its best to just get another box on it - ill have to get it flatbeded to ian once ive got the cash together and the parts

A

Andybtsn

Sorry to hear the bad news mate.

Hope you get it sorted pronto, dont think about selling up!!

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Not sure if Ian will be able to help you mate... I didn't think he was taking on any new work until he had moved into his new premises...?

Could be wrong though...

Rishi

A

Andybtsn

RishiGTiR said:
Not sure if Ian will be able to help you mate... I didn't think he was taking on any new work until he had moved into his new premises...?

Could be wrong though...

Rishi
Did mine pretty quickly and had about 9 R's when I got there :lol: :lol:

Gray

Yeah he told me that the other month Rishi but he sorted my emanage and injector prob the other week
Dont think theyre moving now
Think it was just so they could catch up

I know theyre busy but sure they can fit me in at some point
Im in no rush lol