Gear changes

M

MarkMc

Gear changes with the god box.

Got to say the dog box works well 8) . It literally throws you from gear to gear when not using the clutch. :shock: :shock: Some thing that needs to be felt and heard :shock: :shock: .

The first few day I thought what have I done :oops: , but now its just snick, snick and into gear on the up change(barely a noise) :wink: . ON the down change it’s a little more clunky, but still not that noisy. In fact the straight cut gears and straight cut diff seem to make all the noise, not the dogs unless your really giving it a go.

One problem though I used to jump gears on the down change from 4th to 2nd and some times on the up change from 2nd to 5th :( . It really does not like jumping gears :( . I’m using the clutch to make for smoother changes and to make the dogs last, but this does not help with gear jumping. Is there a technique for this ie blipping the throttle on up changes or something?

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
You might need to start double declutching. That is from say 2nd to neutral, then neutral to 3rd and going the other way 3rd to neutral, blip the throttle then into 2nd. These are two movements not one fast one. Have a go and see if it helps.