Gauge sender units

Dan_GTiR

Hi guys.

Just bought some new gauges for the A pillar, to replace the one in the centre console (as that is where my in-dash screen is going.)

I would like to know if I can remove the old sender units and replace them with the ones bought with these gauges?
If yes, could you tell me (pics if poss.) where the original sender units are? Also the thread sizes of these so that I can get some adaptors if necessary.

Will removing the original sender units cause any problems with the ECU?

Any information will be gratefully accepted.

Cheers

Dan. :)

geetee

The E.C.C.S Wiring Diagram doesn't show the oil temp or pressure senders connected to the ECU.

It does show an Engine Temp Sensor (which I presume is the Water Temp Sender <- there are 2 of these, one for the ECU one for the Gauge).

It does show a 'Dual-Pressure Switch' connected to the ECU but I have no idea if this is an oil pressure sensor - and if it is, if it is the same one as for the gauge.

The whole car circuit diagram shows the Oil Temp Gauge just being attached to the Oil Temp Sensor and -ve

Likewise it shows the Oil Pressure Gauge just being attached to the Oil Press Sensor and -ve.

I presume then that it should be OK to replace the existing senders with ur new ones for ur gauges.

I don't know where they are - I'm sure someone else can help!

I'll also probably be shot down in flames - with someone knowing about some seird control circuit going from the clocks back to the ECU :cry:

I need to know anyway as I'm going to be doing the same thing too soon.

Cheers
GeeTee 8)

geetee

Oh - and the boost gauge - you'll need to use a tee-piece into one of the small boost pipes.

GeeTee 8)