Garrett gt2876r turbo

HI guys..
I have a gt2876r turbo in my garage..but it is .64 turbine housing..
what do you think if I install this tubine housing on my hi-mod R?
my rev limit is 8000/8200rpm

I have 264 hks cam
haltech ecu
je 87mm piston
tomei 1,2 metal hg
pauter rods
acl race bearing set
full worked crank and head
ecc
ecc

how much bhp can pull out with 0,64 turbine housing at 1,5/1.8bar?

attend your reply
thanks
bye
Andrea

R

riske

Andrea, it isnt a good idea. Your better off swapping the .64 with the larger size exhaust housing. think its .86. Or just get a GT3071r

the problem is I don't pay this turbo..
my friend has got it..and gift it to me..
is possible change turbine housing with .86?

R

riske

Doubt you would get much power over 350bhp at the fly. Spooling would be quick tho. I think you can change the housing but dont hold that against me.

noriek2003

it would make decentish power, but there are so many things wrong with that turbo. The problem with this turbo is you have a pretty big comp wheel stuck to shitty little back end, yours is made even worse by the tiny housing, i would forsee nothing but surge issues and boost creep up top

heres what garrett say about it :

Turbochargers > GT28 Family > GT2876R - 705330 - 1

* Ball bearing * Oil & Water-cooled bearing system * Best suited for unique applications such as asymmetric turbo installations * Not recommended for general performance applications * T25 turbine inlet flange * Turbine housing option available * Actuator not provided

even they wouldn't recommend it....lol

Last edited:

steve963

I guess its for something like an RX7 where 1 turbo spools early to stop lag, then the bigger turbo kicks in!

P

pete gtir

i have just bought one of these!!!!! with a .86, i thought it may be a good turbo