Fuel Rail

bopper

Was wondering how good the standard fuel rail and fuel pressure regulator was? Im gonna put in an uprated pump, new filter and 700cc injectors was just wondering if the rail and regulator needed upgrading

Trondelond

I'm running 660 injectors, and no issues with the rail. I don't know how much the OE one can handle though.

MORF114

yes, jgy , i dont recomend them but other people do.

Id say if i was to need a fuel rail again i would buy some unmachined rails (10 quid a foot) and get it drilled and tapped and notched to my spec for injectors and fuel line connectors at a local machine shop. as i had to do this anyway when i received mine from jgy.

Last edited:
O

Odin

I've seen cars running over 500 bhp with the standard rail and fuel reg in place, I've got a JGY rail but it's only because I prefer the way it looks and it's easier to fit new fuel lines to.

Rob

bopper

Ok i think i may stay with the original then, so i take it there is no need for an aftermarket fuel regulator either then

O

Odin

bopper said:
I take it there is no need for an after market fuel regulator either then

Nope ;-) , 3 bar is still 3 bar whether it be a standard regulator or an uprated one if their is such a thing :? , I think most of us just buy into all the you need this or you need that 5hit :oops: .

As long as your standard reg is in good working order then leave it be.

Most of us are always looking for something else to buy for our cars, Whether it's really needed or not :roll: :lol: :lol: .

Rob