Fuel pump works but car wont run

V

vtec

Can any1 help????? Id appreciate it fully
I fitted my fuel pump, the car was running for about 10minutes
i went around the block a few times and the car died. It just lost all power and wouldnt start again.
My pulsars been in the garage all day. The mechanic cheked the that ther is still petrol coming through, it is but the car just turns over and does'nt start. Or it will start and cut out straight away.

S

spnSPENYB

Fuel pump.

Hi mate,had very similar situation recently in two parts.Firstly same symptoms car wouldnt start but tested fuel pump and it was fine.On further testing found the earth to fuel pump had broken down.Earthed a wire to boot floor and other end to negative of pump.OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH LLLOOOORRRRDDDDDYYYYYYYY !!! The car was the best ive known it.Two weeks later and same symptoms,tried all tests.Pump was ok but traced the loom under backseat and there is a connecting block on drivers side.The block was frazzled due to the problem first time round and gradually broke down.Replaced that section with an in line fuse to be on the safe side and everything is hunky dory! :D

A

Anonymous

fuel pump problem

MY car is in the garage with the SAME problem. was told my fuel pump had gone so bought a new one but it wont start still... they have already ordered me a relay saying it could be that....but do you think it could be the earth wire ?? pis s ing game !