fuel hoses

nimhbk

:doh: where do the fuel lines pop out under the car as i have split two of mine getting the pump out of the tank, they look a ar|se of a job to replace!!!!!!!

mattytappy

Sounds like your going to have to drop the rear subframe of buddy.

Not to bad a job..just set aside a good day to do it.

GTIR-LOZ

i managed to do mine without removing the frame but i had to loosen the fuel tank and it wasnt nice;-)

i think its quite a common places for the fuel lines to split mine were all cracked quite badly

nimhbk

To be honest mine looked fine, it was the use of long nosed pliers that fu*ked them up, will it upset the flow, if i just bash on two hose connectors to the old hose and connect it to 2 new bits of 2 inch fuel hose on the cap.

As its only the first 2 inch of hose i have fuc*ed up

Thanks

Nick

M

mynheers_a_pint

this is really wierd- I have jsut been fighting the same issue, but at the oposite end of the hose. The hose come off the top, and down thwe side of the tank, appearing towards the front of it. the issue is that it's not 1 peice of hose; its 2, joined with a routing peice of metal pipe. I have jsut been trying to change the underside hose and it is an utter fu*k nut of a job. There is an irritating plastic clip that holds the hoses and this has caused the damage to the standard hose. I can't seem to remove this to aide with access so i had to remove the other hoses (and covered myself with fuel). I was really strugglnig but i managed to get the hoses off and swap them over. The only issue i have now is accessing the jubilie clips to tighten it up again. the car isn't leaking anymore but i am apprihensive to drive it without jubilie clips on the hose i have replaced.

Might jsut get the garage to finish it off. not ideal but it's all but there. May be able to sort it tomorrow, but who knows...

good luck mate- you may be able to unhitch the metal hose as there is a second plastic clip further up that i would assume holds the pipe near to where the hose joins. you can jsut see it so if you un hitch the hose at both ends, you may be able to remove it complete and replace as needed. failing that, rip it out and repalce it with 1 bit of hose to avoid that extra faffing in the future...