fuel cooler

mattytappy

absolutly chav mungus:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ...makes me want to get a saxo and max it out...ha ha ha:lol: :lol: thats just fantastic ha ha ha

mattytappy

OLd post here i know...but after having a running problem with the old banger...and subseqently chasing the fault and re-changing parts such as fuel pressure regulator, i found when i took off the fuel pipe to the regulator off after taking it for a run,:shock: i couldnt belive how warm the fuel was.....i was expecting it to be a ambeint temp...but it was much warmer....more like a luke warm cup of tea....has anyone else noticed this after a run on a standard tank with a walbro255????
Its made me definatly buck my idears up on purchasing one?

mattytappy

My thoughts exactly...its got to help a little.

I for one, am going to get one and run a cold air feed duct to it with some mesh at the end to stop any stones fying up the ducting and peircing it and try and get it a bit cooler as i was shocked at how warm it was..:shock:
Or even( a bit extrem i know ) but if you had a water sprayer on your front mount you could re-direct some of that to spray over the fuel cooler....or even more extrem a cryo spray...that would cool it down....:roll: .. maybe a bit too much:lol:

Espeacialy as im thinking of getting a swirl pot as well in the near future...that will just make the fuel temps even worse.:cry:

I know some people will say dont bother with it, but its the same as cooling down your air you get better, lower intake temps you generate more power for the same given volume of air...so why not as well as cool the air cool the other major componant thats being forced into your engine as well.....its got to give both better gains and add to the realiability....even for us lesser 1bar mongs.

MarkTurbo

mattytappy said:
its the same as cooling down your air you get better, lower intake temps you generate more power for the same given volume of air...so why not as well as cool the air cool the other major componant thats being forced into your engine as well.....its got to give both better gains and add to the realiability....even for us lesser 1bar mongs.
Think of air/fuel ratio's ;-) Say its 12:1 on your engine on boost so thats 12 parts air to 1 part fuel. You've got 12 times as much air than fuel going in which is why a cooler air charge temp makes a big differance and cooling the fuel will do pretty much f00k all. You might get 1 or 2 bhp if your lucky :lol:

mattytappy

:lol: :lol: ...mark im quite a postive person at heart so as long as im gaing 1 or 2 HP and not losing 1 or 2 hp its going the right way fella......and for the price you can get this from the states i would say thas fairly cheap 1 or 2 hp in the scheme of things:thumbsup:

us $41.95...

mattytappy

If i ever complete half the idears on my car that i dream up of it will be like a driving fridge:lol: :lol:

Last edited: