fuel cooler

mattytappy

anybody using one of these to get things a bit cooler:roll: ...do they work???i know that formula 1 cars got banned from using them, so they must do some thing for our cars piston temp levels on high boost settings.....whats your thoughts lads and lasses:roll: ...also were can these be purchased ????

MarkTurbo

I was just going to say somebodys been watching too much F1 :lol:

Unless your running silly amounts of horsepower and everything engine wise is being pushed to its limit i really wouldnt waste your money ;-)

mattytappy

lol....:lol: was really thing of,1 future power increases and 2, trying to get the most out of my standard pistons before they melt...:doh: i know that a few people on here have taken the standard R to the edge and beyond and just really want to make use of whats there for the short term,plus when i do hike the power up there should be a good solid base parts in place to add to the engine power....any idears on how much they drop the fuel temp by.....i mean any cooling in that department has got too be a good thing?;-) i think if im right mr stevepudney uses one we shall have to wait and see.

Last edited:

mattytappy

but surely...getting the fuel that bit cooler is a good thing if running high boost settings on any R...regardless if its got forged internals or not.......its only got to be simalar to an oil cooler and thats a good thing to have if your running higher boost settings to keep things more stable???

ashills

there are alot more things to be bothered with before u start messing with the cooling of fuel system a single walboro and standard pipes etc will support 500 no problems and cooling of the fuel on the limits of the standard engine is a waste of time really

mattytappy

fair enough:roll: ...but if thats the case why bother to fit a front mounted intercooler, or why bother wrapping manifolds.or ceramic coat turbos:shock: ...i thought keeping the intake temps down was a good way of 1, generating more power and 2, saving the life of your engine ( some what) so surely cooling the fuel( even on a stansard internals R engine) has got to add to the performance and reliabilty and life span of the engine...or why bother saying that if running even a 1bar pulsar you should really have a front mount to just make sure your keeping the intake temps at a decent level....would it really heart if the fuel temps were lowered by 10 or 15 degrees....coupled with some decent mapping and some other fairly easy mods why cant standard pistons have all the help they can get to try and generate as much power as possible before going down the expensive route of a full rebuild and forged pistons.....even if running with forged pistons whats to stop cooling the fuel helping generate a few more horse power and keeping things more stable and relaible?

Last edited:

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
mattytappy said:
lol....:lol: was really thing of,1 future power increases and 2, trying to get the most out of my standard pistons before they melt...:doh: i know that a few people on here have taken the standard R to the edge and beyond and just really want to make use of whats there for the short term,plus when i do hike the power up there should be a good solid base parts in place to add to the engine power....any idears on how much they drop the fuel temp by.....i mean any cooling in that department has got too be a good thing?;-) i think if im right mr stevepudney uses one we shall have to wait and see.
I only bought and fitted one because like you I am of the opinion that fuel going round and round in circles on a long drive is bound to be heated to something above ambient temperature and anything to keep the charge temps down, however small, has to be a bonus, oh and they are cheap as chips from the states.

I have no idea if it works but it can't do any harm can it :-D

Keira

the idea is to put the fuel cooler in the return line so you are not dropping heated fuel back into the swirl pot, on standard tanks with gallons of fuel in, it its a wasted effort imho..

saying all of that, i have a fancy one that looks like a gold, ribbed dildo :lol:

Keira

and more to the point steve, flys are already attracted to sh!t without needing any bright lights to lure them in :lol:

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Keira said:
and more to the point steve, flys are already attracted to sh!t without needing any bright lights to lure them in :lol:
Well he’s hardly likely to attract anything with his dashing looks and magnetizing charm now is he, neons must have been a desperate last resort :cry:

mattytappy

lol and dont forget the glowing wind screen washer outlets...i mean lets not forget the important things in life.....:lol: :lol:

mattytappy

thats exactly what i thought.....and for that price i may even get two and relocate my power steering one from behind my front mount....the only thing that causes detonation is high cylinder temps so cooling down one of the two things that are forced into it has got to be of some benafit....surely....and for that price can you afford to argue......i mean if they didnt work on power increases as well as realibility why did the formula one teams lookinto it and then the governing body ban them.....most of the technoligy that happens in formula one filters down to us lesser folk in one way or another anyhow so why not be ahead of the game??? out of intersest steve were did you mount yours??