FSE boost valve help

S

stevo_123uk

what pressure should it be set at for 1 bar 1.2 and 1.3 bar of boost??the R is mega stutery when on boost after fitting the AVC today? help lol

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Why have you got FSE Boost valve, the standard FPR is good enough for well over 400 break. Who recommended you use the FSE Boost valve anyway ? if you speak to Glencoe they certainley won't recommend the Boost Valve for the GTIR.

What ever boost you run it should be set at 3 bar without the vac hose attached and should read just under 3 bar with the vac hose back on.

Personally I'd ditch it and go back to the standard FPR.

gtirneil

Listen to Mr Pudney mate and rip the thing out, thats probably whats causing you the problem, i had one on a different car a few years back and had nothing but problems.

azboy

ive havent herd any good things about these but i can see the principle of them, ie instead of running 3 bar on load or vacume off and 2.5 on idle u could just up it a touch on load to keep things safer on high boost on standard managment but never used 1 myself, personaaly take it off unless u know what ur doing as slightly less fuel pressure can cost u a rebuild.

Fusion Ed

The thing is they are in my experience a bit random. They just don't do the same thing twice. They have caused me endless headaches. I won't map with them any more..