front end knock (suspension)?

CanadianR

took the car for a good rip today, and on hard braking, as momentum started shifting forwards, there was a loud KNOCK from the front end. ONly 1 knock, no ticking or anything.

What could it be? Also there is a creaking when I go over small bumps at low speed or going up or down a curb to get into and out of the garage.

bushings? ball joint?

this front bushing at the front looked worn. It's directly infront of the engine, and you can see the skid plate there as well.

CanadianR

the anti rollbar linkages, those are the ones holding the say bar at the front?

I'll check them and the bushings on the bar as well.

youngsyp

The loud knock could have been brake pads moving in the caliper ?!

Just grab hold of all the ARB's, and damper bodies and give them a good hard shake. You should be able to find any knocking like that as, it will show up any play in the bushes ect...

Do you have any poly bushed fitted to the front or rear suspension ? When it's wet, I get a small squeak from the front of mine, from the poly wishbone bushes !

That engine buffer mount, is the one I referred to in my Poly bushes thread. Take that large bush out and will the hollow parts with silicon sealant (the bathroom stuff !), so it then looks like 1 solid bush. That'll bring it back to life, stiffen it up a lot more than it was new and reduce the amount it can move in the bracket. Don't worry that it moves around now, mine was exactly the same !