Forge FMIC installation question

Trondelond

Currently installing a Forge FMIC on the girl, and I've noticed that the IC sits a bit low, so the bolts on top of the FMIC don't line up with the bumper bar. Is this normal? I really can't raise the FMIC more, as it will hit other things if I do.

And how critical is it to have it remapped before doing inspired driving again? I'm changing from an ARC TMIC.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Trondelond said:
And how critical is it to have it remapped before doing inspired driving again? I'm changing from an ARC TMIC.
It depends on your spec realy. If you're pushing alot of boost through it then it would be recommended to have the fuelling checked at least.

If like me you're putting it on a near standard car and don't expect much difference from it then you should be OK.

Trondelond

snoon said:
mine line up perfect?!?
I may be experiencing some of the drawbacks from having bought a used car. ;) I made up some spacers and stuff, everything sits in place nicely. But - the last pipe (the one that goes from the IC past the stabilizer bar) doesn't fit. I can squeeze the hose through the slot there, but it flattens the hose, making it impossible to put any form of tube in it.
So - I'll have to fabricate something to go under the bar. Dangit.

Trondelond

Fast Guy said:
It depends on your spec realy. If you're pushing alot of boost through it then it would be recommended to have the fuelling checked at least.

If like me you're putting it on a near standard car and don't expect much difference from it then you should be OK.
Running a PFC and boost from 0.8 to 1.2 bar, depending on my mood. 660 injectors, apexi intake. That's about it for now.
I'll just run it at 0.8 bar until I've done the rest of the mods I suppose. :)

snoon

i just made my own straighter pipe run and ditched the forge stuff. Only needed a small part of the front panel cutting away.