foam or cotton air filer??

S

str_motorsport

which is the best filter to go for??cotton or foam??
thanks
David

I

Innovate Performance

If you are going to use the car for rallying then i would go for cotton because they generally have better fittering aspects to them due to the fibre construction being tighter together but they dont flow quite as much air.

For race ing on tarmac/circuit or drag then go for foam as the are more open infibre construction and tend to flow a bit more air.

For drag racing I dont use one and hope for the best. :D

Please remember that this is my opion and it does depend on manufactor as well.

Dooie Pop Pop

so if i get this right i' ll get better flow from a blitz/hks foam filter than i do from my knN cotton jobby?..(matty scrabbles at his keys :lol: )

I

Innovate Performance

is a subject that has been argued over so many times and every times the final answer changes. When we finally get a rolling road i will try them all just so we all know.

mattygti-r

lol if only i had a RR could help :lol:

personally my view,

foam ones arnt much cop, pipercross etc,

its a jap car, get a jap filter, they are proven to work well the Apexi one is good , the blitz is another good one, so is the SARD (jimmy no smart comments :p )

the HKS foam filters, what peopel dont realise is REPLACE THE MUSHROOMS!!!! dont use some crappy old filter from when it was off the boat in 1995 ! :lol:

JIMMYBACK

mattygti-r said:
lol if only i had a RR could help :lol:

personally my view,

foam ones arnt much cop, pipercross etc,

its a jap car, get a jap filter, they are proven to work well the Apexi one is good , the blitz is another good one, so is the SARD (jimmy no smart comments :p )

the HKS foam filters, what peopel dont realise is REPLACE THE MUSHROOMS!!!! dont use some crappy old filter from when it was off the boat in 1995 ! :lol:
would i matty :roll: :roll: