Fmic

leemh

hi thinking of going for a fmic but what one do i go for or doesn't it matter?....tired of heat soak now lol

warringtonjack

To be fair it doesnt really matter, you want as short a pipe run as possible ideally, but as straight as possible also, with minimal bends. Dont go for any that have a load of samco hoses joining up various bits of straight pipe. There are quite a few 'hybrid' copies on ebay. I've had one on mine for years without any ill effect. You might want to upgrade the hose clips though, cos the ones that come with the kits arent all that great!

Radleigh

Mine was bought of ebay buy the guy that had it previous to me, I'll soon be rerouting the pipework as I dont like it, to long and cheap looking!

Intercoolers fine though as far as Im aware, Although I may modify it to make it thicker :)

warringtonjack

Most of the cores are all pretty much made by the same factory, just different companies selling them as different kits.

A

alana

I've just looked on ebay and most of the fmic's are all the same kit.
They all do the same job, It's just what you would prefere.

Matty B

autobahn all day long pal, under 200 quid, pretty simple to fit and does the job fine. Think they are on ebay too. That pic you put on looks exactly the same as the autobahn one just with stupid blue pipes.

stedee

i bought a 2nd hand spec r fmic and except for where someone had turned the flange round to fit a gt28 they are very very well designed, you get a lower radiator with the kit so the intercooler pipes fit over the rad instead of around it, the pipe run is tiny compared to the others

lee lee

has any one got the how to guide on fitting this please as started on fitting mine today and iam to say nicely ****ing lost!!:sad:
how do u cut out for the pipe work?
and how amd where do u mount the intercooler on/to?
lee