Fitting my Quaife and OS Giken?

Sweeny

Has anyone ever fitted a twin plate clutch?

I fitted my OS Giken twin plate today and then tried to slide the gearbox on over it, but wont fit, the splines on both plates of the clutch keep knockin out of line every time i try to wack the box on.

Am i doing something wrong, ive lined to clutch up properly etc, with a clutch alignment thingymabob, but still wont go on, i've even took the transfer box off to try line it up but still no.

Any ideas any1.

Cheers.

James.

E

Edd

dunno i know its hard to locate the splies even with a std clutch, you got someone else to help you do it, might make it easier
?

Sweeny

Yes mate, there's three of us doin it. I think its coz its a twin plate so there's two sets to line up.

If i cant do it in the morn, might ring uncle ian up to see if he has any suggestions.

Cheers anyway edd.

James.

Jobi Joba

Sweeny said:
Yes mate, there's three of us doin it. I think its coz its a twin plate so there's two sets to line up.

If i cant do it in the morn, might ring uncle ian up to see if he has any suggestions.

Cheers anyway edd.

James.
If you have a quaiffe gearset,use your old gearset to line up everything... :wink: Catch my drift?

Sweeny

:? It dont work like that mate.

I dont think you know what im on about.

Cheers anyway.

James.

A

antilag

i dunno wat way ya doing it but it made life easyer for me to put the engine on its side and use the gearboxes own weight to slide on if u get me,thats if the engines out the car ofcourse

C

charlie

I think jobi is sayng use the old input shaft to line things up, then slide the box on once its all in position

Jobi Joba

charlie said:
I think jobi is sayng use the old input shaft to line things up, then slide the box on once its all in position
Thx Charlie,that was exactly what I meant... :wink: But it was early in the morning and was too tired to explain everything...

And Sweeny,I do see what you want:I also have an OS Giken twin plate clutch and a PAR gearset... :roll:

Sweeny

Jobi Joba, Dint mean to diss your knowledge about the R mate, i obviously didn't know what you meant. :oops:

I just couldn't be arsed to take apart my old gearbox to get the gearset out.

But i did go to a local gearbox man, and he sorted me out with one that fitted, think it woz off a Bluebird 2.0L.

Engine now fitted back in me car, just gotta plug everything back in now and put some oil in the gearbox, connect the driveshafts etc.

Cheers for the help anyway guys.

James.

Sweeny

skiddusmarkus said:
I think some people use cut down broom handles for clutch alignment tools.
Even for twin plates? How does the broom handle line up the splines on both plates? :?

I got the clutch with the car mate. :D

James.