Fitting Cobra subframes and seats

webba23

Quick question for anyone who has the above. How do the seatbelt stalks fit? Do they bolt to the Cobra subframes with no modifications?

Cheers

Matt

GTIR-LOZ

mine did but the frames arnt the best and you hit the stalks if you move the seat forwards too far, if you can secure them to the seat somehow it would be better

webba23

I'm really tall so my seat won't be going forward. LOL. Not got the seats yet so font know if it possible to fix to them. What seats did you have on them? Were they buckets or recliners? I'm getting Daytonas so there could be a point to fix them to although the bloke I spoke to said you shouldn't fix to the frame or seat. Surely if factory fitted this way then should be ok for aftermarket.

webba23

I bought them off of here the other week. Was looking around before and Demon Tweeks and Rallynuts do them though I wasn't really too happy at paying the well over hundred quid asking price for the pair after hearing all the stories about being too high etc. I have since sat on a pair and I'm well over six foot and had no probs with them so would say they are a good purchase even at full whack.

webba23

GTIR-LOZ said:
mine are daytonas also but the earlier style im 6,1 and have to have the seat all the way forward
I'm around six four so might not have them all the way back then. I'll just have to see what they are like on the frames then. Were they that much of a problem or can you get used to it?

GTIR-LOZ

no its not too bad as long as you remember they are there or like mine they break the plastic trims on that side

webba23

So it is possible to get them forward jus got to be careful? I'm not though. Lol. Would they be any better without the covers or would that just look a mess?

webba23

I have been on the look out for second hand ones for ages and was well pleased when they came up.

Think they only do base mounted ones but the ones I have bought have been modified to suit a side mount seat with some bars added to them. As I'm going to be fitting recliners I'll be taking them back to standard though. Was going for buckets but had a rethink due to needing to be able to sit my son in the car buckets not practical.

webba23

Yeah mate no worries can only take a pic with phone at the moment also they will still be on the frames as I not got tools round mine to get them off at the moment. At least from pics you will see what they are like on the frame. Will go do it now and mail them over to you.