fitting a det sensor

A

another sunny

I am going to fit a new det sensor this weekend, as i cannot get close to the origional det sensor i was going to fit the new one on the front of the block. has any one done this, i will need to run new wiring so does any one know where i can break into the origional lead?or what pin/s does it go to on the ecu? pictures would be a great help.

turbodaily

take exhaust downpipe off and drivers driveshaft, should give enough room to get your arm up there with a spanner

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Why not just go in through the drivers side wheel arch, (undoing the track rod end will give more space)

CruiseGTi-R

I fitted mine to the front of the block. Its to one side above the manifold, so its getting very hot. But, so far its proved just fine. Fault code 34 gone.

But I do have afr, egt and a knock link with earphones in the car so I have a pretty good idea if things go wrong. Without it I would feel less happy about where I have placed it, but might just be me being a wimp.

Wiring is easy, just one side of the det sensor connector wired direct to pin (27?) on ecu, one wire to earth for the sake of it.

T

tro||

CruiseGTi-R said:
I fitted mine to the front of the block. Its to one side above the manifold,
if its above the maniofld it'll be on the head :doh: :lol:

CruiseGTi-R

Well its not exactly above the manifold, kinda to one side, but near it enough to get hot. It seems to be surviving ok though.

A

another sunny

cheers, looks like an all dayer, meant to be nice tomorrow aswell.