fitted my cooler today and did oil change but?

Godzilla

first off i managed to get 3ltrs out and put just over 5 lts in i assume there was not enough in the first place am i right

had a leak on one of the braided lines for the cooler wont no till later if i fixed it cos cant move the car till then(footballs on so they use my street as carpark)

also as the post office closed at 12:30 i never got my new filter so instead of leaving it till monday with no oil in i put the old one back on will this be ok for now?

geoff pine

Sounds like a lot of oil to me Nissan recommend 3.7 with new filter about 0.3 for a 13 row oil cooler and pipes so i would have though 4.1 max how far up the dip stick does this come.

Godzilla

ok thanks guys i had to have my sandwich plate off today so had to drain her again , as i had a very small leak from the hoses on the plate end when it was up to temp , think its sorted now,

Godzilla

right guys getting to the point were the cooler is going to come off and go in the bin, as it keeps leaking when up to temp , and its doing my head in as there tight as i can get em on the cooler end , plate end seems fine now , should i have put someting round the thread like PTFE or something , so scarred of it breaking i might just get rid of her before it does .

Jonesy

Is it leaking from where the fitting fits into the cooler or where the hose connects to the fitting.

Godzilla

Would that sort out the hose to fitting thing or have I just not got the ball end sat right maybe that's why the leak . Had to come work tonight drove car for 10 mins and boy does burning oil smell bad

Godzilla

Not sure ollie as if never seen different ones I can describe em though there attached to an L shape bend such is like a ball at the end with bottom cut out then a fixing nut sits around that and holds it down , icant post links on my phone but if u go on eBay I got it from matt lewis racing as a top mount kit ,

Also does anyone have any pics of there's top mounted as i'd like to see were u have used to anchor the brackets too ,

geoff pine

Would that sort out the hose to fitting thing or have I just not got the ball end sat right maybe that's why the leak . Had to come work tonight drove car for 10 mins and boy does burning oil smell bad
No i miss read that so its definitely the hose then it needs to go back to where you got it from.

Godzilla

well the hose and the nut that secures it are loose so the ball bit of the pipe fits in the cooler neck then the nut seals them together ,could i have just got these not quite flush or maybe a cross thead has caused it not to sit properly , im going to drain it again today and take it off for now might try again next time it needs oil changing but have it front mount instead of top .

Godzilla

not sure if were getting confused but , the fitting to the hose it spot on its were the large nut connects to the cooler but not on the thread its in the middle of the nut if that makes more sense,

geoff pine

Can you screw the nut on to the sandwich plate ? so its goes all the way on by hand if not it may be cross threaded.

Godzilla

just taken it off for now, one side was cross threaded but im going to wait till my next oil change and order some longer hoses for front mount before i have another go,
should i use some PTFE on the thread and some gasket sealer were it was leaking so it seals it properly,