Fault Code 21

A

Anonymous

Fault Code 21 : Ignition signal circuit

I've been having a problem with the 'R ever since ben stuck a FMIC on. At first i thought it might have been a boost leak but i've triple checked every hose so im positive its not that.

The car seems to be fine but after 30 minutes of driving(hard driving, dont know what happens if i take it easy :oops: :roll: ) it seems to miss fire at high rpm (5k+)

I have a turbo timer wired onto the 02 & ground sensor on the ECU so could it be something there :? ? I have a profec a boost controller but i've bypassed that and used a bleed valve so its not that. The problem only seems to occur at a bar, not standard boost.

I booted it in 5th gear and it went all queer then the loud pedal went all wierd and didnt accelerate like when the det sensor kicks in.

Anyone got any thoughts on the matter?

Thanks in advance.

Davey

someone on here had a very similar sounding problem about 5/6 weeks ago m8, car misfired at 1 bar, but not standard boost, might be worth looking through old post's.
there's an faq for fault codes (i think memski did it?), but i'm sure fast guy will be on here to tell you in a bit :p :wink:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Which front mount did he fit? It might just be coincidence, unless somehow he's disturbed an electrical circuit?
Were you running 1bar before the front mount? Have you checked the plug (gap?) althought that shouldn't bring a fault code up.

A

Anonymous

Its a modified R33 Greddy front mount.

I've been running a bar for a while now, setp by powerstation.

Plugs...:? pass

Just a bit queer how it takes like half an hour to start doing it. Something getting hot perhaps? :? :cry:

BenD

LOL! dont blame me for fucking it up :roll: not hard to fit an intercooler is it?

Nothing was touched in the electric/ignition circuit. but you did say you had probs after you polished your turb intake :!: :wink: was it the maf you disconnected?

Im putting it down to that shite profec A you bought. doesnt help switching from the boost controller and the bleedvalve. we need to sort that profec out, or better still, get rid and get an easier unit to use.

as for the plugs, they are iridium and also has magnecor/lumenition leads IIRC

Ben

A

Anonymous

Can't be the profec tho as we stuck the bleed valve in :?

I feel that £700 give me the right to accuse you :wink:

Ever since i removed the filter -> turbo pipe and gave it a polish the car starts at about 800rpm then after a second it goes up to 1000+ rpm. I unplugged the MAF to remove the pipe.

I'm sure the profec will be great....as soon as i get it working.... :cry:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
It might be worth checking your maf terminals are connecting ok.
Failing that, the manual blames the Ignition amp or it's wiring harness and connector on a code 21.

A

Anonymous

I'll check the MAF tommorow, thanks for helping! :D

The other bits that you mentioned, are they expensive to replace? What are they? :oops:

S

str_motorsport

i also had a fault code 21, i changed plug wires and then it was ok!
the problem was a fault plug wire.
hope this helps
david

A

Anonymous

str_motorsport said:
i also had a fault code 21, i changed plug wires and then it was ok!
the problem was a fault plug wire.
hope this helps
david
is that the leady thingy jobbie that goes to the spark plugs :?

would that be the kind of thing that could be fookin my car up? it runs ok on standard boost if not a little slow :roll:

it only seems to be happening when im running a bar in 4th & 5th gear.

Maybe its worth taking to powerstation to get put on the rollers.....?

S

str_motorsport

yes mate it is the lead that coes to the spark plug.
if you can try another set,my problem disappeard when i replaced them with magnecor kv85.
maybe it is the same prob you have....

A

Anonymous

I'll probably go and rob a load of stuff off bens car and see what makes a difference 8)