fault 21 please help. only takes 1 min

O

oddbodd

4 starters thank u 4 reading this.
i have a fault it cums up as 21.
when the car is cold it is ok when it gets warm it splutters like fcuk as low as 2grand. and it does not want 2 go over 4 5 grand unless u leave your foot down. i have changed.
COIL
POWER TRANSISTER
RESISTER
TESTED ALL HARNESSES AND CONECTORS
all of the above is to the work shop manual. i am still in cook uh land and 2 top it of i have left a deposit on brans hatch 30 of jan
so please could u get back a s a p
THANK YOU 4 YOUR TIME

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Sounds like your car could be going into a limp home mode... Well thats one of the possibilities anyway...

Check the timing and if you are running a top mount then maybe set it to 18/19deg... 20deg is standard...

Also check the usual...

Plugs
Leads
Dizzy
Rotor Arm
etc... :wink:

More info on your spec would help diagnose though...

Rishi

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
I had this limp home mode problem when i ran a top mount... Was fine when driving from cold down the motorway... as soon as i got into the City the car sufferered from heat soak and went into a limp home mode...

When it starts running like Poo... Turn the engine off for about 5 - 10seconds and start her up again... if it runs/drives fine for a while then its the Limp Home Mode thing...

Rishi

S

stomski

found this.... :wink: :D

memski said:
"Short out the two right pins in the grey plug under your fuse box (in cabin) when you have the car switched to ON (but not started) Short the wires for 3 seconds (the CHECK ENGINE light will turn off while you are shorting them out). The CHECK ENGINE light will flash a series which will indicate a code -
LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG (pause) SHORT SHORT SHORT SHORT SHORT - indicates 55 which is ALL CLEAR. If it flashes 34 its Det sensor, 21 Ignition circuit and I cant remember the other 2 off the top of my head :). To clear the ECU codes, short the wires out again while it is flashing the code. If you leave it flashing the code and then start the engine you will have an inbuilt LEAN/RICH
indicator that works off your O2 sensor (which must be warmed up before it will do it).

Here's some of the other codes:

11 Crank Angle Sensor circuit
12 AFM circuit
13 Engine temp sensor circuit
21 Ignition signal circuit
34 Detonation sensor circuit
43 Throttle sensor circuit
55 No malfunction in the above circuits"

O

oddbodd

stomski said:
found this.... :wink: :D

memski said:
"Short out the two right pins in the grey plug under your fuse box (in cabin) when you have the car switched to ON (but not started) Short the wires for 3 seconds (the CHECK ENGINE light will turn off while you are shorting them out). The CHECK ENGINE light will flash a series which will indicate a code -
LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG (pause) SHORT SHORT SHORT SHORT SHORT - indicates 55 which is ALL CLEAR. If it flashes 34 its Det sensor, 21 Ignition circuit and I cant remember the other 2 off the top of my head :). To clear the ECU codes, short the wires out again while it is flashing the code. If you leave it flashing the code and then start the engine you will have an inbuilt LEAN/RICH
indicator that works off your O2 sensor (which must be warmed up before it will do it).

Here's some of the other codes:

11 Crank Angle Sensor circuit
12 AFM circuit
13 Engine temp sensor circuit
21 Ignition signal circuit
34 Detonation sensor circuit
43 Throttle sensor circuit
55 No malfunction in the above circuits"

Hello there i have got the manual u c here it says that it is
coil
power transister
resister
i have swaped all of them and still the same thank you 4 your time

P

PaddyPower

Gimp mode. Switch the car off for 30 seconds or so and it should be back to normal. Can happen even when driving fast in the cold.

O

oddbodd

code 21

PaddyPower said:
Gimp mode. Switch the car off for 30 seconds or so and it should be back to normal. Can happen even when driving fast in the

cold.
i have done it it is still the same