Fast guys latest coolant leak thread. D'oh!!

mad max

dont know all i no is i have to put in about a half a pint of water every time i take the beast out and their is aways damp patches on the garage floor

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Damn fuel leak is back again. When it stops raining and drys up, I'll pop out and check where it's comming from this time.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Well I couldn't find that fuel leak when I looked for it. I'll just keep an eye on it for now.

And the countdown is now on until my next coolant hose splits. Just replaced 3 hoses today, so there's only the 6 on the back of the engine left.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
And that countdown finished yesterday when I got back off holiday.:doh:
The car started 1st time after 2 weeks away and about 1min later I wondered why every time I blipped the throttle a jet of water shot out of the bonnet scoop :lol:

I lifted the bonnet to find the rad hose to the thermostat had a pin hole leak in it about 2" from the stat:rain:

Oh well, I'll replace the 2 rad hoses, then that only leaves the 6 hoses on the rear of the engine that are origional.:?

PS the fuel leak was back, but I couldn't be arsed to look at it until I clear all the sodding cat shitt away from the car:laser:

sadsy

Olly said:
One of my R's had a leak at the oil cooler hose it was the one that hardest to get too, i use a special tool i made to hold the clips open to make refitting the pipes easier.
I was messing with those pipes last month and i just used some needle nose mole grips, small ones.( can pick em up in halfrauds) which made the job easier, i had the oil cooler cylinder off to make it a bit better to get in there. Just thought id share that with you:roll:
oh i just read the rest of the pages and it looked like you all had fun! il keep quiet!!

Last edited:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I'll see how long the samcos are going to take to come. If ages, I may take it off you as a standby solution.