Exhausts

Mooser

Hey ive been looking around for exhausts for my r but cant seem to find many well any all i can find is mongoose are these any good i want a system from tubby back i just dont know where to look any help much appreciated:D

Also are the hks down pipes any good ive noticed there cheap?

Thanks

gtir_pimp

i have a mongoose, its good and very loud, i think they are one of the loudest for the pulsar and i love my 5" tip!! if you dont want loud i think 5zigen exhausts are quiet

T

Timo

gtir_pimp said:
i have a mongoose, its good and very loud, i think they are one of the loudest for the pulsar and i love my 5" tip!! if you dont want loud i think 5zigen exhausts are quiet
Id say the oppsite my zigen over powers the noise of my mates goose

gtir_pimp

could of sworn ive seen people on here wanting to swap the goose with the 5zigen because thew goose was too noisy! the boys with the 5zigen might have the un-silenced decat pipe to make it loud. i have a silenced decat pipe on my goose and i only found out it was silenced coz pulsarboby checked it out. you would never think it was silenced! i do want to try an un-silenced decat to see what its like though, but have been warned it will drive you crazy and make your ears bleed!!!

John

gtir_pimp said:
could of sworn ive seen people on here wanting to swap the goose with the 5zigen because thew goose was too noisy! the boys with the 5zigen might have the un-silenced decat pipe to make it loud. i have a silenced decat pipe on my goose and i only found out it was silenced coz pulsarboby checked it out. you would never think it was silenced! i do want to try an un-silenced decat to see what its like though, but have been warned it will drive you crazy and make your ears bleed!!!
no silencer on mine thats for sure, straight through no cats, so yeah its loud. Raspy is one thing I could never say about the 5zigen exhaust, very deep burble on low revs on idle, turning into a shreak (best way to describe it) on boost.

O

Odin

Mooser said:
Hey ive been looking around for exhausts for my r but cant seem to find many well any all i can find is mongoose are these any good i want a system from tubby back i just dont know where to look any help much appreciated:D

Also are the hks down pipes any good ive noticed there cheap?

Thanks

Please post your question's in the right section in future ;-) .

Rob

MORF114

I have a custom 3" from turbo inc true full 3" elbow with no resonators with a unpacked 4" back box and i wouldnt say it was loud at all.

Mr GTiR

MORF114 said:
I have a custom 3" from turbo inc true full 3" elbow with no resonators with a unpacked 4" back box and i wouldnt say it was loud at all.
I have a full custom 3" exhaust system which is straight through with a 5Zigen 304 Boardermax rear muffler, and christ that is LOUD! It was measured at 107db at castle Coombs. I'm now in the process in adding in a big silencer so I can get on track!

Adam L

turbodaily said:
5zigen are pretty loud... but they do sound gay on the over-run with that raspy noise they make.
You would say that because you can't find one:p

They're a larger diamtre cat back than the mogoose and have two resonator boxes, the spec A was listed at 90 db... My old one hit far above 100 db. I've got one of the old systems now and haven't fitted my engine, so I don't know how the round can type sounds. It looks better than the mongoose though.

turbodaily

i have found one actually ;-)

i find not all 5zigens sound the same though, even though they all look very similar. yeah i think your right they are 2.75" from cat back, but cant see much point in that when the downpipe is only 2.5". id rather have it the same dia pipe all the way through.

hurry up and get your engine in and we can hear what it sounds like :p (or give it to me :thumbsup: )

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Mooser said:

Thanks
Mongoose - Loud and offers good gains
Blue flame – Based on Mongoose, but cheaper
Scorpion – Quieter than the Mongoose, again good gains

;-)

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Remember louder isn't always best.. If you intend on attending track days then i suggest you get an exhaust that won't have you breaking 102db @ 4000rpm i think it is.. Custom option is fairly cost effective too.. £400 - £500 for a good one..

John

My 5zigen has alot to answer for and probably produced the funniest picture you will see. Thanks to my boss for this gem :thumbsup:

MarkTurbo

How embarrassing, getting stopped by 2 cops riding pushbikes :shock: What did they do to pull you over, come up behind you repeatedly ringing their bells :lol: :lol: :lol:

Perhaps they were wondering if you were old enough to drive :lol: