Engine Light Flashes Whilst Driving

hmmm

Hi,

Was looking at my mates car today and tried to do an ECU check. But the engine light was not illuminated whilst the ignition was on. However after the car warms up and you press the accelerator pedal the engine light flashes. I think it was 4,2. Any idea what this could be? and why doesn't the engine check light come on when you turn on the ignition?

Thanks again :)

LOU ROB

The exact thing happened to me a while ago.Engine light flashing like mad whan driving,but when I tried to do a fault check the light wouldn't come on the dash :? So I went and plugged in a Nissan consult fault finder and that said everything was o.k. :shock:
It turned out to be the E.C.U itself was fucked :(

hmmm

But why would the Engine Check Light flash whilst driving the car?
Could be a faulty ECU as Lou Rob suggested.

Or could it be something to do with the inbuilt Lean/Rich Indicator that works of the O2 Sensor? :?

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
402 sounds like a code from the 200sx (?) list.

This is the full list of our codes as listed in the maunal.

11 Crank Angle Sensor circuit
12 AFM circuit
13 Engine temp sensor circuit
21 Ignition signal circuit
34 Detonation sensor circuit
43 Throttle sensor circuit
55 No malfunction in the above circuits"

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
You'd have thought so, but the manual makes no mention of any other codes anywhere. The management may be different.
Shalom doesn't think the 200sx codes have anything to do with our car tho and he probably knows best :wink:

hmmm

I am going to try and get hold of another ECU and see what happens. Do they just plug in or is their any extra wiring etc involved?

A

ard1ey

No, just undo the bolt that holds the plug in and unplug it. I confess to missing that bolt the first time and wondering what was going on with the incredible unremovable plug :oops: