Engine check light flashing

nitrosgti-r

The engine check light keeps flashing allot when driving my newly purchased gti-r with nitros. The seller said that it is because of the engine mods, ie filter etc that the engine is not reading proberly, hence needing a check...is this true? And is the engine safe??

Thanks

MarkTurbo

nitrosgti-r said:
The seller said that it is because of the engine mods, ie filter etc that the engine is not reading proberly, hence needing a check...is this true?
No thats a load of crap :roll: Modding the engine wont make the light come on. There must be a fault somewhere :wink:

GINGA

it just means its been left in the fault check mode which turns to lambda check when the engines running to reset it just do a fault code check and clear the faults if any

nitrosgti-r

Thanx

Thank you for your help chaps, i will get right on to it and read on how to do the ecu check :shock: and let you know what the result is.

Thanks again.

Top ppl again on a top site for THE TOP CAR!!!!

nitrosgti-r

done

yep just done that and its all clear thank god!!! Only thing i will say though is that i had to short the wires out to actually get the check light up, then it went out and then it did its 55 code :D It said on the instructions that i should short the wires again while the code is flashing but when i took the wires out it stoped flashing so i couldn't short it? er, hope that made sence :oops: Any way lets see how it goes tommorrow and im hoping its not in the lean/rich stage thing?

thanks for that chaps!! :lol:

geetee

lol... how true is it??

Never listen to a fookin word the seller of a car spouts! :lol:

Look and listen for yourself.

The seller said that it is because of the engine mods, ie filter etc that the engine is not reading proberly, hence needing a check...is this true?
hohoho and I have 3 bollocks. :lol:

And is the engine safe?
Get it on the rollers of a decent tuner and find out before something expensive happns as it sounds like the previous owner did not have a scooby (pardon the expression!).

Cheers
GeeTee 8)