engine check light after fitting front mount

andygtir

ive just finished moving the standard top mount to the front. its all in and the engine ran fine.

so i took it out for its maiden drive- no boost, still fine.

checked all the clips etc made sure nothing rubbing then tried some boost...

it felt really good, definately more torque, reved cleanly through the rev range, no stutters or anything.

however... the engine check light flicks on occasionally, especially in 1st and 2nd and only at high revs and stays for a second whilst at 5500rpm to the redline and then goes off as i change and the revs drop. it doesnt do it all the time and the car drives fine.

ive done a fault code test and its come up all clear

mods: avcr, safc, walbro, k&n and straight through exhaust.

any ideas?

O

Olly

Have you done the fault code test with ignition still on whilst the check light appears, in theory its on cause there a managemnt fault so there would be a fault code if you left it running and did the test. 8)

andygtir

i'll try it again when i go for a drive tomorrow.

theres no det though according to the safc :?

i cant see what it could be really as i didnt go near any electrical stuff really apart from moving the alarm horn.

it drives beautifully and im confused as the fault only seems to be occuring at high revs and disappears straight away once i change gear.

N

N1SMO

sometimes my light comes on on cold days if i give it some, i thought it was because it was over boosting a bit.

andygtir

but my avcr and safc are set up for higher boost - i could try turning it down a bit to see if thats the problem. at the moment the boost does spike a bit in 1st as its still self learning but its never happened before :?

andygtir

i tried doing another fault code test with the ignition running after taking it for another drive but it wouldnt let me do it with the engine running. with the engine off it still came up with 55.

then i tried turning the boost down to 0.8 and it didnt do it any more, so i turned the boost back upto 1bar but richened the fuelling up from 10% to 16%. the safc hasnt been properly set up just my guess based on others set up and the light still didnt come back on.

however the test run wasnt really that long so i cant be sure that its solved.

could the check light be telling me the engine was running very lean top end but ok elsewhere in the rev range:?:

has anyone round the kent area got a wideband lambada senor and would be willing to do a little mapping session on the car for me?

cheers guys