Electric water Pump

celm

I wouldlike to know of any of your guys did or know of someone who installed a Electric water pump in your R`s?

S

Sirnixalot

i tihnk you will be the first. and hopefully me in a close second 8)

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Are they reliable? I've thought about them before, but been put off cos I tell myself they'll fail more than a normal pump.

Do you have a link for one?

celm

alot of people used themhere on Sr20 conversions.i just wanted to know if anyone put it on an R yet.cause in the up comming week i plan on doing it

jonee

pumps

hi m8
you have a PM.
i hope it helps you but could you keep the info to yourself as this was gained by killing 2 engines.
cheers

P

pschurr

Re: pumps

jonee said:
hi m8
you have a PM.
i hope it helps you but could you keep the info to yourself as this was gained by killing 2 engines.
cheers
Umm, why would you want information to be kept quiet, especially if its possibly going to help other people NOT kill engines!

peter

celm

i got my electric water pump today ts from Meziere and u can get it from summit racing

here is the block off plate My pop made for Me ,Sirnixalot and GTIROID

J

J-GTi-R

If not can you send me the template or drawing for the blanking plate so i can make my own?
Just use the standard water pump to get a template, then get a local engineering company to knock one up for you.

I have a knackered waterpump in the back of my car (don't ask me why... :roll: ), if you wern't in NZ, I'd send it to you.

Yeah thanks i know that just asking someone whos been there done that and has the info is alot easier than messing around myself. :wink:

I might see if i can drege up a pump from the wrekers if all else fails.

celm

thats what my POP did.took the GTiR H2O pump took the impeller out and traced it a on a piece os 1/2 inch aircraft Grade aluminum.BUT hes making one more for me.and its going to be out of TiTanium.my pop is a machinest for a aircraft company

skiddusmarkus

So where does the electric one sit then and what power gains,or rather what are you hoping not to lose through driving the standard one are you hoping for?Any other advantages in them?

celm

the water pump im goping to mount on the side like under the battery.
my stock water pump it leaking like a huricane.and u see the room thats by the stock pump.so doing electric i dont have to worry about breaking my hands doing it again.u will gain some HP .but im just doing the electric for acceibilty