Elbow ideas........

DRC

In your opinion which pipe would give the best flow rate out of these 2 turbo elbows?

I am unsure on which one to go for?

OR the one on the right.

Reason being is this:

I had a 3-Piece Screamer set but welded the screamer back into the main exhaust as I found if far too loud as my daily drive.

Anyway now I have welded the screamer pipe back into the main exhaust flow when I have the boost set to 1.5 bars there is quite a lot of what feels like restriction with the exhaust system. I think I have angled wastegate pipe back in at a square angle causing poor flow under high boost.

Before when it was a separate screamer pipe the car pulled great at 1.5 Bar, but since I have moved the pipe back into the main exhaust flow the car does not have the mid to top end grunt as it did before when at 1.5

So I am looking at starting again. So which one do you guys think is best for me?

(Hope this all makes sense.)

I am thinking the 2 piece plumb back.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Shouldn't the screamer pipe only make a difference when the wastegate is open? If you're on boost you shouldn't notice any difference - or have I got that all wrong?
I appreciate that this is about feeling through...
Do you have an exhaust system you're happy with already? In which case I'd just go for the elbow. If you're looking to replace the downpipe as well, then I think the second system is better - the lines look smoother and the lack of a elbow flange saves you some space (if that's at a premium).

STU666V

Hi,
I got up to date prices for these elbows a few weeks ago,

Hi Stuart
Just turbo elbow plumb back to system will cost 340.00AUD plus 65.00AUD for postage
Turbo elbow/down pipe up to cat with flex like stock unit cost 440.00 AUD plus 110.00AUD for postage
Thanks

info@amperformance.com.au
Subject: turbo elbows