E01 A-pillar pod

CruiseGTi-R

Here’s a few pics of an a-pillar pod made for Frank (turblio) to hold a Greddy e01 unit and a 52mm EGT gauge:

Cheers, toby

turblio

Big thanks to Toby for this, the man is a Legend and his work is faultless!! if you want something that is a one off
or even a copy of an original speak to Toby

maz

thats fantastic Toby, great job on it mate. hows it like driving with it? im a bit wierd with things blocking my line of site. doesnt get in the way when taking blind right hand turns does it?

turblio

Not at all, because when you sit in the drivers seat it tucks in the recess near the heater vent so its almost covered by the pillar and the gauge mount is in line with the pillar too so no probs there!

CruiseGTi-R

I try to get all the a-pillar pods I do such that the gauges fall in line with 'dead space', basically so that the windscreen is blocked as min as possible.

The traditional way of doing pods is like this, which blocks the windscreen (stupid really):

I come up with ways to minimise it by staggering gauges in various configurations: Hours spent in the car bugaring about with dummy set-ups:
I need to get out more...

Cheers, toby

Last edited:

kenan

South West Regional Rep
Stupid question time, but how do you get the screen into the pod? is the material pliable?

P

pulsarboby

very nice neat job toby, you certainly know your plastics.