dump valve problem

B

blackpulsargtir

my dump valve makes a strange noise (tch tch tch tch tch) that gets gradually quieter it doesn't sound like the normal single whoosh release - i've uploaded a pic so if anyone could identify it and whether it should sound like this / whether it's adjustable or whether it's cheap ebay shoit and it needs binning.

cheers

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h319/mattwoodhall/dumpvalve2.jpg

JIMMYBACK

thats one look like a sheep dog bov to me it suppost to make the chatter type noise matey............not sure what the holes are on the side for thou

rayman75

its the same as mine innit jimmy;-)

it is the sheepdog i recon one of the best sounding around. it looks like you have a bolt missing out of the end of it with a locking nut.

B

blackpulsargtir

what does sheepdog mean?

and without this bolt does that mean it's making the wrong noise or is it supposed to make this noise & can it be adjusted to make a single dump noise and and and and and and and etc!

GtiR`BoD

some chatter some wooooo tish just slight variations in design all down to personal preference aslong as its operating ok, sheepdog is the make!

youngsyp

As said above, the sound is quite normal and will normally happens when your not creating much boost and come of the gas, if you're at <50% throttle for example. When making full boost and you come off the gas, it should make what you describe as the usual BOV noise. I.e. whooooootissshhhhh etc....

If the BOV is indeed adjustable, if you loosened the adjustment a bit, the tsh tsh tsh would disappear. I've just gone the other way with my HKS BOV and tightened it up to get that sound !
From the sound of it, if you find a bolt to fit that hole in the top, you'll be able to adjust it that way !

Just out of interest, where did you get your 'hard' induction pipe made up ?

I've been after one for a while now !

B

blackpulsargtir

if it is a sheepdog then does anyone know if it can be adjusted to make different sounds?

J

jpward

blackpulsargtir said:
if it is a sheepdog then does anyone know if it can be adjusted to make different sounds?
Aye kick it in the b@lls and it make a yelp! :p