Dump valve fitting to hard pipe

chiefpulsar

i have a nice front mounted intercooler with all the hard pipes fitted to my R, but i would like to mount my hks ssq to the hard pipe so the air flows into my hard pipe and into my d/v at the same time, how is this done?:der:

J

jpward

chiefpulsar said:
i have a nice front mounted intercooler with all the hard pipes fitted to my R, but i would like to mount my hks ssq to the hard pipe so the air flows into my hard pipe and into my d/v at the same time, how is this done?:der:
Have you changed the plenium? :?

.... or why can you not fit the SSQV in the usual place?

Daza

hi chief pulsar,
I think the flanges are about £10 and you can also get them in different materials i.e steel, aluminium etc, bit off topic but if you are not using the standard fitting kit for the ssqv I would be happy to purchase off u as I need one and cant find any!

regards Daz

J

jpward

Daza said:
hi chief pulsar,
I think the flanges are about £10 and you can also get them in different materials i.e steel, aluminium etc, bit off topic but if you are not using the standard fitting kit for the ssqv I would be happy to purchase off u as I need one and cant find any!

regards Daz
Evo kit is what i used as it sits neater in my opinion ;-) ;-)

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
The flanges for the SSQV come in aluminum and cast iron, if you have a stainless steel IC pipe run you will be best off buying an iron one (cos you can’t weld ali to s steel) and find someone who’s confident in tig welding differential metals, easy job for someone with the right kit and skills.

you can get the flanges from here

the one listed as steel is the machined cast iron on you'll need.

chiefpulsar

MORF114 said:
like this?
Yeah thats the one.

Daza not to sure if i'm going to do this yet as i'm hoping to buy an evo so i'll be taking the ssq and flange with me although i will proberly do the same thing with the evo hard pipe

MINESGTIR

just remember mate, anything ive done to mine that you do like can be arranged for you. lee is REALLY clued on these now.. hes had my engine out 4 times thoughout this **** of custom work..... :doh:

tis all worth it to me though :thumbsup: :der: