Drive shaft lock ring

Whollahii

Does anyone know if the front longer driveshaft (passanger side) is supposed to have one of those lock rings at the end that goes into the gearbox? There wasn't one on there when I removed the shaft, but when I put it back it started leaking after a while and it seemed like the shaft isn't in place.

If there is supposed to be one there, do you have any special technique when getting the shaft in place with the ring on?

/ Sebastian

geoff pine

Of the two front drive shafts only one has a locking ring that comes out with the drive shaft the other one I think stays in the box . Sorry I don't remember which one it is ??it's could be that you have not pushed it far enough home .

Whollahii

Of the two front drive shafts only one has a locking ring that comes out with the drive shaft the other one I think stays in the box . Sorry I don't remember which one it is ??it's could be that you have not pushed it far enough home .
If just one of the front ones has the ring then it's the short one. I have three sets of drive shafts and all of them are missing the ring on the long one located on the passenger side. I just thought that since there's a place to put the ring that maybe there was one there from factory but people just removed them if they ever removed the drive shafts since the long one seems impossible to get in place with the lock ring on.

But you're probably right. I guess there's something in the box that makes the shaft stay in place.