dizzy cap, rotor arm, spark leads. Changed when?

S

Stoned

How often should the dizzy cap, rotor arm and spark leads be changed.

The ones on my car have done about 20,000 miles by now and the cars running a little rough so I was thinking about changing them. Are Nissan items fine for 300bhp or thereabouts?

nismoboy

Stoned said:
How often should the dizzy cap, rotor arm and spark leads be changed.

The ones on my car have done about 20,000 miles by now and the cars running a little rough so I was thinking about changing them. Are Nissan items fine for 300bhp or thereabouts?
not sure how often these should be changed but if they look worn replace them, as for hp ratings there people like lou rob running big power on standard dizzy cap and standard leads so i dont think u`ll have any probs on the power your running.

antgtir

Ive just replied to your original query. Basically i think the leads and dizzy cap and rotor arm are ok for increase in power and boost, however i have heard of amplifiers being fitted in order to get a strong spark through the plugs so it doesn't get blown out.

As for the plugs i would defo go for some colder plugs, i think the HKS ones are a good choice however there may be others im not yet aware of.

I recommend you change the lot if you have enough money spare. Its well worth it and you will find a much better response from the car afterwards.

Goodluck, Ant. :wink: