det sensor ???

R

r5ben

i did the fault code check and its saying i have a prob with the det sensors so ive been told ?? can anyone show some light on this for me what should i be looking for and what could be wrong ?? does the det sensor need changing ?? :roll:

R

r5ben

how do you reset the ecu and what happens to the timing when the 34 code is on ??
ive looked at other posts and done a search but cant fing the answers i need :oops:
my engine has just been rebuilt so could it be from a prob it had b4 etc ?? and it just need the ecu reseting ??
have you seen the price of det sencers !! :shock:

A

andy n

the det sensor price is just something you have to swallow mate, try mjp eastern auto. to reset your ecu you can disconnect the battery for a couple of hours, you can also do it by bridging the fault code pins for several seconds i believe.
when you get a 34, you get lowered boost and retarded timing,

R

r5ben

i will try to reset it then see if that works :roll:

how much do ya want for it vpulsar :oops: :D

R

r5ben

tryed to reset the ecu but still got the 34 code :cry: how do i know the sensor is broken ?? coz its alot of money to swop it if mines ok ??
my car feels fine so i cant wait to see what its like when the 34 code is off :p

ki_saj_ng

hey ben,

i know u can use a multi meter accross it once its off to check, not sure what reading is correct but...wheres FASTGUY :wink:

i sold 1 for £50...were not in this game to make money are we V :wink:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
ki_saj_ng said:
hey ben,

i know u can use a multi meter accross it once its off to check, not sure what reading is correct but...wheres FASTGUY :wink:
He's cooking tea :wink:

Engine running at idle 2-3V
Also check continuity between terminal A (left of the two) and ground exists when fitted.

P

Paul Firth

r5ben said:
tryed to reset the ecu but still got the 34 code :cry: how do i know the sensor is broken ?? coz its alot of money to swop it if mines ok ??
my car feels fine so i cant wait to see what its like when the 34 code is off :p
The only way to guarantee it's not the sensor without replacing it with a known good one is to check the wiring with the sensor disconnected. I'd recommend you get a sensor ready in case you need it and sell it on if you don't because it isn't a 2 minute job to get the sensor off.

P

Paul Firth

The resistance across the sensor should be approx 560 kohm at room temperature. My broken one only had an intermittent fault and measured the same though so it's still no guarantee.

I got a sensor for £20 delivered off of someone advertising on ebay, and it took about an hour or so to change.

There's no point checking for the 2-3 volts at the ECU, you already know there's a problem because of the code. You need to know whether it's the sensor or the wiring which this test won't tell you.

What you need to do is check first for continuity and then voltage drop between pin 27 at the ECU and the sensor's connector. If that's ok then it's the sensor which is broken.

R

r5ben

ive got a sensor sorted and im going to check all the wiring out as well

when the fault it fixed will the ecu reset or do i have to do it ??

dont want to fix the prob and the ecu dont reset and im still thinking its broke :wink: