Det sensor this weekend!!

zenwahwong56

Going to do the Det sensor this weekend, been reading up every thing I can find on the best way, so should be an eventful weekend on the R.
Any advise b4 I start would be great.

O

Odin

zenwahwong56 said:
Any advise b4 I start would be great.

Yeah lots of praying :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Rob

O

Odin

zenwahwong56 said:
All good fun?!?!

well ill see if it is, gave my self 4 hrs to sort it out, fingers crossed hehehe

I reckon with the right wobble bars and joints you will be able to get it off, But getting it back on :doh: :shock: , Well that's another matter all together :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Good luck fella :thumbsup:

Rob

Braveheart

Odin said:
I reckon with the right wobble bars and joints you will be able to get it off, But getting it back on :doh: :shock: , Well that's another matter all together :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Good luck fella :thumbsup:

Rob
Rob is exactly right.... I used 1/8th drive socket stuff, two long extension bars and a knuckle joint. Got it off but could not get it back on... ahhhh.
Be patient... you can catch sight of the little bugger by looking up from under the car, back of engine drivers side. I eventually gragged an old pillow with me to rest my head on. Also found that my hands were steadier and my patience threashold was higher after some liquid refreshment. :lol: :shock: :doh: .

Nissan dealer replaced the new one for me in the end.... :oops:

If you manage maybe you could do a how to guide and best of luck :thumbsup:

Braveheart

Yes... it can be done but not by me. Sure there's many owners replaced it.
The mad thing was that Nissan wanted £220+ for the part. Eventuly, I got it for £156... must have been the tears rolling down my face.. ;-)
Nissan did not tell me how but the car was all back together correctly. Do not know if they went in from the top or bottom. I may not ever need to know as it was a new sensor that was fitted and I hope to see that through to the end of the cars life... "many years" ;-)