denso plugs?

gtir bean

i have denso ik27 plugs and i know there fine for 1bar but are they only good up to 1bar?i put it up to 1.2bar and if was like it was trying to blow the spark out:? .my mate has the more or less the same spec as me but diferent plugs and his is happy at 1.2 so thats whats making me think its maybe that its too high for the plugs to be happy?

EVOBAD

gtir bean said:
i have denso ik27 plugs and i know there fine for 1bar but are they only good up to 1bar?i put it up to 1.2bar and if was like it was trying to blow the spark out:? .my mate has the more or less the same spec as me but diferent plugs and his is happy at 1.2 so thats whats making me think its maybe that its too high for the plugs to be happy?
just get some ngk 7-8 ther take anything:-D

Dooie Pop Pop

your gonna have to regap your plugs, the world wont end if you do lol! go for .65gap.

check/change your ignition amp/coil/dizzy/rotor arm

i had no problems running over 1.4bar with a new ignition system and standard gapped ik27' s;-)

Dooie Pop Pop

its located on a bracket on the rocker cover near the coil which its connected to by a wire;-)

was is banging and popping at high revs?

are you sure its the plugs fella?

gtir bean

yeah it started banging and poping so i put it back to 1bar:oops: .im not sure its the plugs,just an idea cos i dont know what it is.it always feels like it has loads of little flat spots mid range under full load too.its sometimes like its almost missing slightly.it just doesent feel as smooth as it should be.

Shaun

I thought IK27's were for 1.4bar upwards i.e heat range 9.Are you sure its not IK22's your talking about as these are equivilant to PFR7B's or heat range 7.If you want 1 heat range cooler than standard the you nee IK24's.

Dooie Pop Pop

your plugs and leads are 30000 miles old??????:shock:

put yourself against a wall and get someone to shoot you.

it doesn' t matter if you use the ik27' s what matters is that you change the ****ers!:lol: the oe leads break down quite quickly, even Mattygtir changed his leads after 2 years:doh:

change your fuel filter too.

Shaun

Dooie Pop Pop said:
it doesn' t matter if you use the ik27' s
Yer it does,if they run too cold they coke up because they dont run hot enough to clean them selves.Same goes for running not cold enough on higher boost,they get too hot and dont conduct the spark leading to blow out.

Dooie Pop Pop

1.2 bar on heat range 9' s is not really a problem though is it? when compared to having too hot a plug. i run 1.3 low boost on 9' s and have no problems. Ian fitted my car with s45i' s (9) when i was a 1 bar boy and there was no noticable difference. if it was a problem you would have to run on boost all the time just to keep the plugs clean:?