Decat and down pipe options

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
What money are we talking about? - I had a system made-up from the elbow back for £350 in 2.5" stainless.

It's not perfect; it's not mandrel bent and I had to have an extra box welded-in, but I don't mind for the price.

Before the old system was cut-up I had one of those silenced decats installed (or something very similar). - It's reasonable at taking a bit of noise out, but it's not like a full-sized box.
If you want one I can part with it since there's nowhere to bolt it in to my new system.

P4UL

Does it have the threaded hole for the temperature probe?
How much would you be looking for it?

The Doc

Moderators
Staff member
You dont need the temp probe with a decat, just un plug it from under the drivers seat, buy a new down pipe if you need one second hand is a waste of time for that .

petelesta

As said before dude you don't need the sensor with a decat might be worth cable tying it up in case you ever wanna stick the cat back in ! As for downpipe go the custom route like everyone else, the japspeed stuff is cheap and you get what you pay for in this life it's worth getting one fabricated up. Worst comes to worse contact Bogdan on here his fabrication skills are brilliant but not sure of his availability at the minute as I haven't heard from his recently . Hope this helps.
Pete

petelesta

True, but had the silenced 3" Japspeed decat on mine for a couple of years now and there's nothing wrong with it.
Sorry for the confusion fast guy I was referring to the japspeed downpipe not the decat. Decats are pretty generic items wouldn't really expect to pay any more than £30-40 for a decat.