dash lights

• Thread starter blackpulsargtir
  • Start date
B

blackpulsargtir

my boost gauge sometime works and sometimes doesn't depending on its mood

i wann take the dash off to change all the lights at the same time

how big a job is it and does anyone know which type of bulbs / led's fit

also if i bought some blue or red led's would they shine through ok or look dim?

youngsyp

Right, it's not a big job, I'd say an afternoon if, you take your time !

From memory, you'll need 3 x 286 (wide angle) type leds for the centre gauges (1 per gauge), 3 x 501 (wide angle) type leds and 2 x 286 (wide angle) type leds for the main instrument cluster. Obviously, go for the brightest leds possible.

You won't have any issue with the illumination of the centre gauges, these will be bright and even. However, the main instrument cluster will be a touch dimmer and a little patchy, due to the way the leds distribute the light. That's why you need wide angle leds. I've yet to solve the patchyness but, you can live with it as, it's fine in the dark !

I tried blue leds and didn't like them as, the colour of the light reacted with the tinting of what it shines through and gives an unpleasant coloured result. I'm now using red leds and they are very nice imho.

Try here for all your needs: www.ultraleds.co.uk You could look on eBay too but, there isn't the choice on there !

B

blackpulsargtir

cheers for that - a pic of the red illumination would be appreciated matey if ya got the time.

ta