Cylinder upgrade?

Keg510

Hey guys, just bought a front big brake kit. Wondering if anyone else has upgraded the front brakes and if a larger master cylinder was required or if original one was fine? Thanks

I opted for the ksport 8pot 330mm combo (track car)

Trondelond

I beg to differ - as I've reconditioned mine for use with my AP 4 pots, and it wasn't very good to be honest. Trip had the same problem, but he's slapped on a bigger cylinder which made them spot on. Seems to vary from car to car.

vss irvine

a new cylinder is around £100,

if your investing 4-5-6-7-8-9 times that in actual brakes, the system should be checked at the same time.

Trip

When i upgraded the calipers to 4 pot the brake pedal stroke became longer. This has nothing to do with the condition of the Master but the size and how much volume of brake fliud it could move in a short stroke.

vss irvine

as suggest above it must differ between cars, we've been running hispec monster 4's for 5 years with no issues.

but we did change the cylinder when we upgraded

Keg510

Irvine what sort of cylinder did you change to? Just a new/rebuilt one or a larger one?

Do most people opt for a larger Nissan cylinder or one from a performance shop?

vss irvine

just a new standard one,

primera egt has a slightly larger bore and is a direct fit

almera 2.2 dci is bigger again but requires different fittings

johnsy

Sweet, while ive got ur attention. U running spacers to make these fit under 17s?
i did have 15mm hubcenric ones fitted , but i found on hard cornering or pot holes the tyres would rub on the arches ever so slightly,
my whhels are E.T 37 ,

so i changed the spacers to 7mm and dont experience any rubbing , but the calipers are bloody close to the balance weights on the rim

any more then 37 and i dont think they would fit, i have some wheels i plan to use on track and i think there 35.

Keg510

Cool, did u ru. Rear spacers too just to keep the track even? I think I read in another topic people actually recommend making the rear spacers bigger than the fronts?

Also by e.t 37 thats just the offset of the rim? Just trying to get to grips with your countries terminology :p

johnsy

i dont really know what E.T stands for but yes off set, anything higher than 37 i think you'll have problems

i did have 32mm on the rear but it was undrivable with 17's , horrendous rubbing, might of been different now i have coilovers fitted,but i sold them

im gonna leave it as is till iv done my next trackday see how it feels then i might try 15mm on the rear,

must say im very impressed with these brakes, iv gone from one extreme to another, they have yellow stuff pads in which get to operating temp quite quick even round the doors

warpspeed

I have yellow stuff pads with my 4pots/330mm discs and they are great, pedal travel was a bit too much so i now have a OBP track pro pedal box for fitting to my pulsar, looking forward to getting it fitted.