Custom made dump pipe

GTiR_Spin

Hey guys, im from the Pennsylvania USA, so not to many knowledgeble people on R's over here but hopefully u guys can help. Im gonna get a friend to custom tig me a 3 inch dump pipe from the turbo all the way to the cat. I just wanted to know when he makes it are there any tricks to sizing it up and gettin the most out of a relatively stock motor (intake, stage 4 clutch, bov)? should he split the outlet into 2 parts, wastegate and dump? Is a piece of flex pipe necessary for vibrations? should it be bigger than 3 inch? Whatever help you can give me would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

CanadianR

unless your friend can do it for less than about $465 US then I'd just go with one from an Australian supplier called AM Performance. There's been a few threads on here about his work and other group buys he's done. The quality is great and the fitment is pretty good.

P

pulsarboby

yep ive dealt with andrew at AM and ive got to say that this guys service is top notch.
had a bit of a prob with a turbo elbow he supplied for a customers car and he sent out the part to repair the elbow and a sizable discount too, with no squabbling or arguing.

and that was through ebay, excellent customer service, and would highly reccomend them.

ashills

my only comment about them is the flanges need to be thicker or to put a bead around the bottom of dump pipe to seal it like the stock one does
but other than that top product

P

pulsarboby

that was the prob i had as the original flange was warped and as you said (too thin), but in all fairness he said either send it back for exchange or he sent me out another thicker flange to weld myself plus a discount. and you cant ask for better customer service than that.

GTiR_Spin

Oh i have seen those dump pipes and their beautiful! that would of been my first choice but this im not paying anythin for this haha. just a good ole friend with time on his hands, he builds custom exhausts for all his rides and offered it to me after i changed his coil springs. i just wanted a general consensus on wether or not to split the dump and wastegate pipe, and also if 3 inch is the ideal size?

Trondelond

pulsarboby said:
yep ive dealt with andrew at AM and ive got to say that this guys service is top notch.
had a bit of a prob with a turbo elbow he supplied for a customers car and he sent out the part to repair the elbow and a sizable discount too, with no squabbling or arguing.

and that was through ebay, excellent customer service, and would highly reccomend them.
I've just got to give a +1 on this one, since I've got an elbow/dp and a turboback exhaust on the way to me. Received the trackingnumber, but it never showed up in the systems. Turns out that the turboback exhaust was too big, so the parcel was returned. He's now modified the exhaust, and resent, but express this time, at no extra charge. I'm impressed.