custom intake manifold

Animaldaz

Very nice, what sort of power should this let you run comfortably? And at what point do the oe TB's become restrictive?

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Very nice, what sort of power should this let you run comfortably? And at what point do the oe TB's become restrictive?

Well considering the OEM inlet has been shown to run over 500- 550 break when fitted to a profesionally polished and ported C/head without being the power bottleneck I would imagine that unless your using a different C/head the same power bottleneck will still be the C/head even if it is ported/flowed.

The levers on the back are not levers, just vacuum ports for BOV , wastegate, FPR and APS sensor for the ecu. This manifold is designed to be used with a single 80mm TB.
The std manifold is good, but just because it has been used on 500bhp engines it doesn't mean it cannot be imporved.
4TB will increase trbolence in the runner, with the shaft, screws,plate being the cause. The plenum is too small in volume and the entry is too small too.
this manifold has been designed with the support of the best guy in head work in Italy and with the help of an engineer that works in the engine dept of Lamborghini.
I am considering organizing a group buy for them if there is enough interest.

This manifold is not cheap to build. Runners are CNC machined from billet ergal, and this is the most expensive part. Then there is the welding ,polishing,o-rings,stainless screws etc etc.
I an waiting for a quote for another company for the runners, but price should be between £700 and £750.
I know it is not cheap,but quality and engineering are there.It is still cheaper than a o2 induction manifold( discontinued) and a hypertune manifod (not available for the GTI-R)

boost

let me know the price of one of these intakes.. and also have they been tried and tested for a period of time to see if any faults occur..