CTS aka gearbox man

A

Anonymous

Has anyone had there gearbox built by him
If so how much was a quaife + rebuilt

coxie

:D bttt

i'd like to know a good estimated price of quaife,selectors,bearings etc.the lot. :shock:

JU5TY

Meant to be one of the best gearbox builders in the country!

I had my PAR gearset fitted there. It cost roughly £500, although my gears needed a little bit of machining.

Bernie’s a nice bloke. :D

My only quibble is the time it took… He had my box for not shy off ¾ of a year! (That’s with my phoning up nearly every fortnight). Can probably put some of this down to the PAR set not being a simple fit! But once he started on it it was done within a week or two.
Having said that he built Ashills box within a week of him dropping it off! So saying you need the box for an event/sprint etc may help! :wink:

O

Odin

he did my quaife very good service and even helped me when he was down the pub after work :shock: :D ....

He's a top gezza 8) :idea:

rob

ashills

top bloke got me to totb by building me a quaiffe in 2 days in came to 2600 all in as he supplied gearset but that wasnt new syncros which i would advise and maybe get uprated selector forks

R

Rab

Never heard a bad thing about Bernie. The previous owner of my last RST bought one of his stage 2 boxes, and all the abuse I gave it never upset it. And thins is from the same man who killed 4 standard gearboxes in a little over 3 months. :lol:

ashills

Datsun500R said:
ashills said:
in came to 2600 all in as he supplied gearset

That seems a lot
not really mate
quaiffe set is 1600-1700 plus the vat
then theres about 300 labour and machining +vat
then theres bearings and shimming and all the little bits etc
if u can get the quaife set and take it to him u may be only looking at 500ish
and at the end of the day would u rather pay bernie to do it (hes done a load of them and keeps nissan bits in stock)
or go to a monkey in local town who will cock it up good and proper

O

Odin

If you want the best job done you take it to the best ie burnie :wink: , If you want to save a few quid take it elsewhere but your be paying more in the long run :roll: .

Hasn't anybody learnt anything from reading this site :roll: THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS A CHEAP GOOD JOB, Not when it come's to engine's and gearbox's :wink:

rob

A

Anonymous

Datsun500R said:
That seems a lot
bernie charges the mrrp for the gearset(£1625+vat?) whereas hiteq seem to be able to get them cheaper or are cutting their margins on each gearset.

the £2600 might have included the cost of the machining and or extra bearings as i got a few extras :wink: when he built my box ooer :shock: