cosworth head gasket

Murff93GTiR

ok so i was all set to use my new 1.2mm Cometic headgasket but have now been told they are unreliable so no panickin about takin the risk so gona buy another one.im gona go for a Cosworth one but heres the problems i can find one for an 87mm bore which is what my block is but they only have a choice of 1.1,1.5 or 1.8mm and since im only planning to run around 1.5 bar boost im just gona go for the 1.5mm headgasket,but heres the big problem,i cant find one for a gtir only a 200sx sr20det.will the gasket still fit or does it need to be specifically for a gtir sr20det?

mikeyp

just put "sr20det cosworth head gasket 87mm" in google shopping and found all 3 thiknesses at 87mm. but as you say they are only for the 200sx, not sure if there is a difference in the gaskets even though the engines are basicly the same.

Murff93GTiR

yeh ive managed to find a gasket but one site said can fit gtir with slight mod but dont really want to be modding a head gasket so just looking for some info if anyone else has dealt with this

vss irvine

the only mod required is to slightly enlarge the holes for the locating dowels. It doesnt affect the performance or reliability of the gasket. Its been done plenty of times.

stumo

Just make sure you get EVERY spec of debris from between the layers and you'll be fine.